The College is an Almshouse in a unique Grade 1 listed building (1609). The College opens to the public for guided tours from mid June to mid September. Also during the year a number of events are held such as opening at the East Grinstead May Fair. The College receives no government funding, so contributions from visitors are very important. The Guides are all volunteers.
By becoming a Friend of Sackville College you can help in a variety of ways: helping on the days the College is open, for example on the gate or selling souvenirs, welcoming visitors and assisting our team of volunteer guides. Needless to say subscriptions by themselves are most welcome!
By becoming a Friend you also have:-
- Free admission to the College
- Friends’ Events including carol service
- Discounts on :Tickets for musical events, talks and other events at the College
- Hiring the public rooms for meetings, receptions and presentations.
- The use of the College Chapel for Weddings
- The use of the College Gardens for outside events.
Membership of Sackville College Friends is £10 per year or £15 for joint membership. If you would like to become a member please complete this form form and return it to the address shown or bring it into the College.
Friends may also be interested in becoming a guide, see the ‘Guides’ page